Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free). Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Choose from Variety of Luxury Food Hampers and Gift Boxes.
Heat skillet to medium high heat, add oil. Before you jump to Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life. The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. You can cook Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- You need 1 of Beef roast (I used sirloin tip roast for this recipe).
- Prepare of Potatoes, peeled, cut to roughly same size.
- It’s of Carrots, peeled cut to bite size.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2-4 Tbsp of rice flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
My savory pot roast seasoning blend along with gluten-free beef broth made cooked along with the roast and vegetables makes the perfect broth to make savory gravy. Gluten-free gravy is not complicated to make, and the addition of gravy takes the pot roast to the next level. Instant Pot Beef Roast with Gluten Free Seasoning and Gravy provides tender, moist, flavourful protein to enjoy without heating up your oven for hours. You can have it on the table in about one hour (depending on size), just enough time to prep the rest of the meal!
Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free) instructions
- Start preparing approximately 2.5 hrs before meal time. Preheat oven to 250° and place rack in center position.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat, add oil. Sear roast on all sides. Set aside. Add water to hot pan and scrape up any meat bits..
- Spray roasting pan with cooking spray and add seared roast. Sprinkle diced onion over and around roast. Add potatoes and carrots, then pour juice from skillet into pan. Cover and place in oven..
- At 1.5 hrs of cook time, turn oven up to 350°. At 2 hr mark, remove pan and pour juices feel roast into a sauce pan, then change oven temp to 400° recover lid and place roast back into oven..
- In saucepan, add rice flour & cocoa powder. Whisk over medium heat till thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. In mean time, remove potatoes and carrots and set aside. Slice roast and pour gravy over slices for serving..
Maybe a Broccoli Stir Fry to go with it? Place a little of the gluten free flour on a plate. Place pot roast on top of flour and sprinkle heavily with salt and pepper. Turn salted and peppered side of beef upside down on top of the flour. Salt and pepper the top of the beef.