Texas Red – A Big Iron on His Hip. It tells the story of an Arizona Ranger who rides into Agua Fria to shoot it out with the outlaw Texas Red. D big iron on his hip D Em In this town there lived an outlaw by the name of Texas Red
It has gained popularity due in part to the inclusion of the song Big Iron in the video game Fallout: New Vegas. Now you have an idea what "Big Iron" means in the song. The "Big Iron" refers to the gun on their hips. You can have Texas Red – A Big Iron on His Hip using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Texas Red – A Big Iron on His Hip
- It’s 3.5 Tbsps of Tallow/ Kidney Suet/ Cooking Fat.
- It’s 1-3 Lbs of Steak/ Tri-Tip; Diced/ Cubed (you can use any non-ground beef here- but don't use any pre-marinated meat).
- You need 1 Tsp of each; Oregano, Cumin, Salt, Cayenne.
- It’s 3 Tbsps of Chile Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Tabasco.
- You need 2 of Jalapenos; Diced.
- Prepare 1 of Habenero; Diced.
- Prepare 1 of Other green or red pepper; Diced.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic; Chopped.
- It’s 3 of Tsps. Masa Harina.
- Prepare 1 of Onion; Diced.
- It’s 1/2 Can of or 14 oz. Crushed Tomatoes (or Diced).
- Prepare 3 Bottles of or 36 oz. of Shiner Bock (or Mild Brown Ale, or Bock); which ever beer you include will impart a lot of flavor so be careful with putting something too intense in, there may be a clash.
Despite being infamous he was killed by the stranger who visited their town named Ranger. "Big Iron" is a song Marty Robbins wrote. Go watch Back to the Future. Moderators. tell texas red im coming and hells coming with me, ya hear! hells coming with me!!!!. We're a community of creatives sharing everything Minecraft!
Texas Red – A Big Iron on His Hip step by step
- Sear Beef in Large Pot (use pot that can handle more than 36oz of liquid); Use a little tallow/ cooking fat to keep from sticking; Salt Beef judiciously..
- After Beef is Seared (can't see red on outside) add Peppers and Onions and sear for about 2 min or until slightly browned; Salt and Pepper the veg..
- Add Beer; Get contents to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 30 min; Cover.
- Add spices (chile powder, cumin, cayenne, oregano, salt), garlic, tomatoes and tabasco; Simmer for 45 more minutes.
- While the chili simmers, in a bowl combine Masa Harina, 1sp Chili Powder and some water; Mix until slightly soupy; After Chili finishes 45 min. simmer add Masa Harina into Chili; Simmer for 30 more minutes.
- After final simmer check consistency is as you want it, if too soupy leave simmering longer; When adding time- remove lid and leave uncovered. Cooking longer will also reduce bitterness or spiciness if that is an issue. Often I end up cooking at the lowest boil I can get (maybe just above "low" on your range) for 2-3 hrs more- checking it every hour or so and stiring to keep sides from getting too gunky..
- In order to cook off alcohol you will need to cook for 4-7hrs total (even then there may be a little left). Gets better after a day in the fridge; do not be afraid of the fat that solidifies at the top- that's flavortown. Feel free to skim approx. 3/4s of that off, if you want..
Even if you don't post your own. Marty Robbins – Big Iron Chords, Tabs, Tablatures for Guitar. + Marty Robbins song lyrics. ringtone . G# C#m [Verse] E C#m To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day E C#m Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say A E No one dared to ask his business, no one.