Sichuan Jerky. Sizchuan Beef Jerky for Spice-Lovers (Numbing and Spicy) Sichuan Food is famous for its Mala (spicy and numbing) taste, which goes with many different dishes and food materials. Among them, mala beef jerky is a very popular snack exemplifying the strong spicy and numbing flavors. Here is our recipe for Sichuan Mala Beef Jerky and step-by-step instructions.
Our ode to the bold flavors of China's iconic Szechuan Province. Plant based jerky featuring yummy ginger and fiery cracked red peppercorns. Sichuan cuisine is a style of Chinese cuisine originating from Sichuan Province in Southwest China. You can cook Sichuan Jerky using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sichuan Jerky
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground tenderloin tips (any lean grd beef will work).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Spicy Sichuan Sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
If you are a newbie to this kind of food, Sichuan dishes will surprise you with their bold flavor and spiciness, mainly from the large use of garlic and chili peppers, as well as the minty and slightly numbing flavor of the famous Sichuan pepper. Watch out, this Habanero Tabasco jerky is spicy! I love spicy jerky and this recipe just jumped to the top of my favorite recipe list. You NEED to try this jerky!
Sichuan Jerky step by step
- Grind 2 lbs of lean beef, I used tenderloin tips. Any lean cut will work or pre ground is fine too..
- Mix all ingredients together and let marinate overnight..
- Stuff into a jerky gun and squeeze out onto the dehydrator racks. I used a wide tip, it has about half an inch opening. I've made this with a 1/4 or so size similar to a Slim Jim size and just didn't get the tenderness I wanted..
- Dehydrate according to the instructions for your dehydrator or use the oven at the lowest temperature. Mine took about 28-30 hrs..
- Break into snackable sized pieces, bag, label and try to make it last through the weekend!.
Sichuan peppercorn is a must-have spice blend that gives local hotpots their numbing heat. Zhang Fei Beef Jerky – the Top Chengdu Snack. Besides spicy hotpot, beef jerky is a very popular and tasty snack that you can bring home. Zhang Fei Beef Jerky is the leading Chengdu snack brand. Sign Up to be rewarded with money-saving coupons.