Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits. Check Out Southern Ms On eBay. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Put all the dry goods in a mixing bowl… Mix by hand well. I use a pastry cutter to incooperate the butter and flour mix… Mix should look crumbly…. The crumbs should look pebble size. You can cook Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour… i use bread flour sometime … just finer milled.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 stick of butter…. i like real butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk…. with 1T of vinegar added… can use 1/2 & 1/2 or buttermilk.
Knead as you add the liquid. Flaky biscuits: Flaky biscuits, on the other hand, bring to mind the buttermilk biscuits from a can that can be peeled apart into distinct layers. Southern biscuits walk the line of being both tender and flaky. By combining white flour, butter, and a generous amount of buttermilk, the dough is first stirred.
Ms. Kipper Southern Sweet Flaky Biscuits instructions
- Put all the dry goods in a mixing bowl… Mix by hand well..
- Add a cold stick of butter.. 1/2 cup…. I use a pastry cutter to incooperate the butter and flour mix…
- Mix should look crumbly…. The crumbs should look pebble size..
- Add about 1/3 of the milk mixture. Mix by hand….
- Add 1/3 more of milk mixture. Knead as you add the liquid..
- It should make a grapefruit size ball of dough… I wrap these bundles in clear wrap and put in a freezer bag so they are ready to go when I want to make homemade biscuits..
- TO BAKE…. Preheat the oven to 400°. thaw out dough and knead.. Lightly flour hard surface to roll out dough..
- Roll dough out to a 6×6 piece of dough….
- Place dough in baking pan. Cut but don't separate them.. They should be able to be cut into 9 biscuits…. paint top of biscuits with milk, and bake for 15 minutes.
For best results, use White Lily all-purpose. My grandma used to serve biscuits with sorghum. I have lupus so when I feel good I try to make several bundles and freeze. I used the following ingredients for these amazing biscuits: All-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, Kosher salt, unsalted butter, and milk. First, I put the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in the food processor.