The easiest chicken pot pie.
You can cook The easiest chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The easiest chicken pot pie
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 large of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup peas and sweetcorn.
- You need 1 of butter, to saute.
- Prepare 1 of salt, freshly ground pepper, and thyme top season.
- Prepare 500 grams of chopped chicken fillets.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatoes, chopped into bite Size chunks.
- It’s 1 envelope of vegetable / chicken and veg or mushroom soup.
- You need 1 of roll of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of bit of flour to coat the pie pan.
The easiest chicken pot pie instructions
- Saute onions in butter, and a little oil if you like, until soft..
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter add chicken and season well with salt, pepper, thyme and any seasoning of your choice.
- Add peas and sweetcorn.
- Add one cup of water, or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are nearly soft, mix an envelope of powdered soup of your choice in about half a cup of water until there's no lumps..
- Add to the pot and stir until the sauce is thick..
- Roll out puff pastry and cut in half. Place one half on the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, which has been sprinkled with flour to prevent Sticking..
- Bake the pastry in a 180°F oven for about 5 minutes or until it starts to puff.
- Remove pastry base from oven and add the chicken and veg filling ontop. Place the remaining layer of pastry over the filling, and seal the edges..
- Brush pastry with a little bit of milk or egg and bake in the oven at 180°F until golden brown..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.