Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce. Add half of the shallots and saute until tender for a couple of minutes. Add bourbon and boil until nearly evaporated. Heat oil and butter in cast iron.
The steaks are cooked on a stovetop grill pan, so you can prepare this meal even in the midst of winter. Be sure to tie the filets with kitchen twine as instructed below so they will cook evenly. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold the slices of meat comfortably without crowding. You can cook Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce
- It’s 4 of beef tenderloin steaks.
- It’s 4 of bacon strips.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of tooth sticks.
- Prepare of the sauce.
- You need 200 grams of mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 medium of onion.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 200 grams of cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Add the filets and cook until. Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms until tender, sprinkling a little salt and pepper on them as you stir. Turn the heat down to medium, and melt the butter.
Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce step by step
- Preheat oven at 350°F if available..
- Get the steaks wrapped around with bacon. Like a ring around. Hold it with the tooth sticks.
- Put a pan ( big enough for the four filets) on high flame. Add some oil and seal the filets for 40 seconds on each side..
- Put salt and pepper on both sides of the filets and put them in an oven tray and into the oven. A secret for tender steaks is not to put salt until the very end or after they are sealed, salt makes meat hard. For meat lovers salt and pepper is just enough! :).
- Meanwhile, on the same pan you just used, put the flame in high again, add some more oil and the chopped onion. Let it fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the wine to make a "déglacé". French for (unsticking the rests of a meal from its cooking recipient with a liquid; water, wine, lime, etc).
- After one minute low the flame a little and add the mushrooms in thick slices or chunks. Let them cook for three minutes..
- Add the cream, low the flame a little more, take the filets from the oven and put them into the sauce. Add also the juices from the meat. Let cook for one more minute and ready!! Serve and enjoy. A good purée is perfect for accompanying this delicious dish!.
- Oops!! Don't forget to take the toothsticks out before you serve them! ;).
Add mushrooms, wine, garlic, and thyme. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup water and cornstarch. Gradually whisk cornstarch mixture into mushroom mixture until combined. Transfer to plates and spoon the sauce over. While steaks are coming to room temperature, prepare sauce.