Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions.. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check out our best prices for moroccan tajine and similar.
Add the stock and tomatoes and all the spices, add more salt. Bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover.. Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions. You can have Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions. using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions.
- Prepare 1 kg of Stewing steak..
- Prepare 3 of Onions.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic diced.
- You need 1 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 4 of Carots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 250 ml of Beef stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger ground.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Saffron strands.
- It’s 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt, used throughout recpie.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of Pepper, used throughout recipie.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil, seperated.
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the onions and gently stir to coat them with the seasoning. Transfer the onions to a wide, deep skillet, tagine or baking dish.
Moroccan Beef Tagine with Caramelized Onions. instructions
- Dice 1 onion into 1" pieces, brown in frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil, season..
- Cut beef into 1" cubes and add to the onions to brown, season again..
- Transfer to tagine, minus the juices..
- Add the stock and tomatoes and all the spices, add more salt..
- Bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover..
- Simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally, top up with more stock if required..
- Slice 2 onions very thinly, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan over a low heat and add onions..
- Add salt and pepper to pan also 1 teaspoon of sugar..
- Cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized and tender..
- Set onions aside..
- After 90 minutes remove lid of tagine and cook a further 30 minutes to thicken sauce..
- Sprinkle onions on top and serve fron dish with flat breads..
Swirl a tablespoon or so of. Slice one of the onions instead of grating it, and layer the onion rings on the bottom of the tagine. Mix the meat with the grated onion, garlic, oils and spices, and place on the onion rings. Add the water, cover, and place the tagine on a diffuser over medium heat. When you're ready to cook, peel and finely chop the onion, and pick the coriander leaves, finely chopping the stalks.