Steak pinwheels. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Order Restaurant Quality Meat From The Comfort Of Your Own Home.
Roll the steak up lengthwise, and secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks. Place the roll in a shallow glass baking dish. Spread the flank steak out so that the grain is running left to right. You can have Steak pinwheels using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak pinwheels
- You need 1 lb of sirloin tip steak.
- You need 2 cups of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tbs of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of meat tenderizer.
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 box of beef broth.
Begin layering the flank steak with salt and pepper, the Asiago, then the spinach, the Gorgonzola and scallions. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Use a spatula when turning them to prevent too much filling from falling out. (Don't worry if the ends of the skewers burn. Beef – Sirloin butterflied and pounded out thin is an excellent substitute.
Steak pinwheels step by step
- Sprinkle meat tenderizer on one side of the steak and pound it out with a tenderizer hammer. Flip and repeat on the other side..
- Grate cheese. Chop cilantro. Mix together in a bowl add onion powder, Worcester sauce, seasoning and 2 tbs of olive oil..
- Spread the mixture overtop the steak. Roll the steak like a pinwheel and secure edges with toothpicks..
- Brown outside of steak in the remaining olive oil for coloring. 4 min on each side..
- Pour beef broth into the instant pot and use a stand to keep meat out of the broth put the steak on the stand and set the instant pot to meat/stew for 35 min. (if you want to add vegetables such as green beans and potatoes they can cook in the broth while the instant pot is cooking just throw them in.).
Ask your butcher if they have thin cut pieces to save some time. Pesto – A nice thick pesto or just a whole bunch of basil leaves gives nice color and flavor to these flank steak rolls. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.