Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Buy The Finest Of German Delicacies With Uk's Leading Hot Dog & Sausage Supplier. Food, beds, collars, toys & more for your dog. Traditional Biscuits and Gravy is a Southern breakfast dish that consists of soft dough biscuits smothered in a rich, creamy gravy.
That way you can stir the gravy frequently which is hard to do when your hands are covered with flour and dough. Test that the pan is hot by adding a few drops of water. If excess oil, drain while keeping a solid tablespoon of the sausage oil in the pan. You can have Biscuits and Sausage Gravy using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- You need 16 oz of Bob Evans Savory Sage Ground Sausage.
- You need 1 can of Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
Add the butter and stir well until melted. Sprinkle sausage with flour, stir, and allow to cook for several minutes until the flour can absorb some of the fat and get golden brown. Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South. The dish consists of soft dough biscuits covered in either sawmill or meat gravy, made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat.
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Bake 6-8 biscuits on parchment paper on large baking sheet for 13-15 minutes..
- Brown sausage in pan on medium heat..
- Add flour and stir..
- Gradually add milk 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly..
- Add pepper and salt. Cook and stir until thick..
- Slice biscuits in half, pouring gravy between top & bottom layers, and on top of biscuits..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- TIP: Add 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper for a spicier version..
The gravy is often flavored with black pepper. Biscuits: Combine and sift dry ingredients. Add buttermilk and knead on a floured board. Homemade sausage gravy tastes so delicious with recipes like freshly baked biscuits. Any brand of canned biscuit dough works perfect too.