Beef Tips with Rice and Gravy. Save on Wet Dog Food Gravy. Instructions Cut beef into about one inch cubes. Place a medium sized sauce pot on medium heat.
Serve over cooked rice or noodles. What to serve with beef tips and gravy Beef tips and gravy are usually served over rice, mashed potatoes or egg noodles. I typically go with a medley of roasted mixed vegetables, broccoli, or sweet peas for side dishes. You can cook Beef Tips with Rice and Gravy using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Tips with Rice and Gravy
- Prepare 1 pound of Sirloin Round Steak or.
- Prepare 3 cups of Beef Broth.
- You need 1 number of Onion , chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Corn Starch.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 2 cups of Rice.
And of course fresh rolls or garlic toast to round out the meal. BEEF TIPS AND RICE Beef Tips and Gravy is a budget-friendly entree made from beef cut into cubes and slowly simmered in a savory brown gravy. The whole chi-bang is typically ladled over white rice (sometimes egg noodles) and served! WHAT CUT OF MEAT FOR BEEF TIPS?
Beef Tips with Rice and Gravy step by step
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes.
- Place medium sauce pot over medium heat and add the butter..
- Add beef and onions, stirring constantly until the meat is lightly brown..
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about an hour..
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water, stirring until it's all liquid..
- Slowly add the cornstarch to the beef and broth, stirring constantly. Cook for a few minutes longer to thicken the gravy. If you need to thicken it more, try just a half bath of the cornstarch and water mixture at a time..
- Prepare the rice by boiling 4 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of butter to 2 cups of rice. Once boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer until most of the water has been absorbed..
- Serve the beef tips and gravy over the rice..
The beef makes a tasty meal with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice. Mashed cauliflower, zucchini noodles, or cauliflower rice are other excellent options as well if you're watching your carbs. How to cook Stewed Beef (Beef Tips) with Gravy Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside. Brown beef with oil and add onions.