Banana nut bread with chocolate chips. DIRECTIONS Hand mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until chocolate chips and walnuts are evenly spread out throughout mixture. In another bowl, mash bananas and add to the main mixing bowl. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. You can have Banana nut bread with chocolate chips using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana nut bread with chocolate chips
- You need 1 of banana – slices.
- You need 3 of ripe bananas.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 8 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
Pour batter into a prepared loaf tin, smooth the top and top with a few banana slices and remaining chocolate. Cream sugar and butter together with a mixer; add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add in banana, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into banana mixture.
Banana nut bread with chocolate chips step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray..
- In a medium bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth and slightly chunky..
- In a large bowl combine melted or softened butter with brown sugar until smooth..
- Add in eggs and whisk until smooth.
- To mixture, add milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add in in the mashed bananas to the batter and mix until incorporated..
- Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to batter and gently stir until batter is combined. Do not over mix, batter lumps are okay..
- Gently fold in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (reserve 1/2 cup for topping) and walnuts until just combined..
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf tin, smooth the top and top with a few banana slices and remaining chocolate. Bake banana bread for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean..
- Allow banana bread to cool for 10-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and slicing..
Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.