Fried potatoes and green beans #mystaplefood. Pan Fried Potatoes and Green Beans are perfectly seasoned spuds fried in a little butter with crisp tender green beans sprinkled with salt and pepper. This is a classic side dish that goes with just about anything and everything. Pan Fried Potatoes and Green Beans are perfectly seasoned spuds fried in a little butter with crisp tender green beans sprinkled with salt and pepper.
Bring large pot of water to boil and add beans. Plunge cooked beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. When completely cool drain beans in colander. You can cook Fried potatoes and green beans #mystaplefood using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried potatoes and green beans #mystaplefood
- Prepare 1/4 kg of green beans with tips removed.
- Prepare 8 of medium potatoes peeled and diced into small cubes.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of beef cube.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chicken masala.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt.
Peel the potatoes if you want (I do not peel if I am using red potatoes) and dice them. Heat oil in a pan, large enough to hold the vegetables in a single layer. Add the hing/asafoetida; a few seconds later add the cumin seeds and the crushed pepper. Southern Fried Green Beans with Bacon, Potatoes, and Sausage is the ultimate comfort food you will want to make for dinner.
Fried potatoes and green beans #mystaplefood instructions
- Boil the green beans in a sufuria until they are half cooked. Drain the hot water then add cold water, drain the cold water and set it aside. The water will stop the green beans from cooking further..
- In a pan heat the vegetable oil, add the onions and let cook for 15 seconds then add the minced garlic. Stir and let cook until the onions are translucent..
- Add the potatoes, chicken masala and salt to taste. Stir then cover to let it simmer. Remember to stir frequently until the potatoes cook well. Do not overcook or the potatoes will smash. Once cooked, serve the potatoes into a plate..
- On the same pan, put the green beans, sprinkle the beef cube and salt to taste. Maintain medium heat and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. You can cover for a few minutes to let it simmer. It is ready to serve..
- You can experiment with different seasonings and spices..
Green beans, potatoes and sausage recipe is made in a cast iron skillet on the stove. Quick prep, one pan, and minimal cleanup required. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes and green beans to a serving dish. Spoon over the vegetables, and gently fold to mix. Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make one of the South's favorite side dishes.