Classic Chicken Salad. Chop cooked and cooled chicken and place into a large bowl with celery and onions. Mix dressing ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper.
To the dressing, add the chicken, scallions, celery, dill, and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. You can have Classic Chicken Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Salad
- You need 2 cups of roasted chicken breast, cut up. Recipe for roasted chicke.
- You need 2 tablespoons of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of diced onion.
- You need 1 of tablespon fresh chives, chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or more if you like it creamy.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as Franks red hot.
- It’s of pita bread, as nneeded.
- It’s of lettece leaves, as neeeded.
- You need as needed of sliced tomatos.
A classic chicken salad recipe is always a favorite at a picnic, a barbecue, or an office potluck! Just a few ingredients can be transformed into a cold, creamy salad or filling for a homemade chicken salad sandwich or wrap! Add chicken, celery, and almonds, stirring until well combined. Serve on bread with lettuce and tomato.
Classic Chicken Salad step by step
- Use fresh roasted chicken, recipe in my profile.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except pita bread, lettece and tomato.
- Split pita breaf in half and fill each half with chicken salad, lettece and tomato.
Poach chicken: In a large pot, arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer. If using, place lemon slices and dill sprigs on chicken. Pour water over the chicken breasts, covering by at least an. Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining ingredients to make the sauce and stir to combine.