Salisbury Steak Casserole. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Cook ground beef in a large saucepan over medium high heat with a dab of butter. Once the ground beef is fully cooked, add the diced mushrooms and onions to the pan. Continue cooking until the onions are translucent. You can cook Salisbury Steak Casserole using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak Casserole
- It’s of Salisbury Steak———————.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Gravy—————————–.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1-1/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need of Topping——————-.
- You need 3 cups of mashed potatoes made firm.
Drain the liquid from the pan. Mom's Famous Salisbury Steak Casserole brings all the essence of comfort food to the table with this easy casserole version of the classic recipe. If you love Salisbury steak, you won't be able to resist this recipe. This recipe makes it easy to make dinner for the whole family without a lot of added hassle.
Salisbury Steak Casserole step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan. Chop the onion and sauté till caramelized..
- Cook the mashed potatoes as you like them and this can be done before. You can see one of my recipes or your own, even instant as long as they are firm..
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the onion is caramelized mix with all the ingredients for the gravy and simmer in the pan stirring often..
- When thickened set aside off heat..
- Mix the ingredients for the salisbury steak. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes..
- Form the steaks into golfball sized disc. Small patties about 1/2 inch thick..
- Sear in a pan for two minutes.
- Turn and sear on second side for 2 more minutes. Keep turning till each patty cooks 4 minutes 2 turns per side..
- Add to the gravy each of the patties/ disc as they are cooked..
- Add mashed potatoes on top of the salisbury steak and gravy. Use a wet fork dipping in water as needed to spread out the mashed potatoes..
- Add to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes till potatoes are browned on top..
- Let rest 10-15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When melted, add the onion and turn to coat in fat. Salisbury Steak Casserole is a hearty mix of ground beef and sautéed mushrooms and onions, in an irresistible gravy that is topped with cheesy mashed potatoes all made simply in one skillet. If you love to make casseroles then you should also try chicken cordon bleu casserole, baked spaghetti casserole, or the cheesy chicken and rice casserole. Salisbury Steak Casserole is an easy ground beef dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.