Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Buy The Finest Of German Delicacies With Uk's Leading Hot Dog & Sausage Supplier. Food, beds, collars, toys & more for your dog. Prepare Sausage Gravy: Brown sausage in a skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles.
How to make Biscuits and Gravy from Scratch: I recommend preparing the biscuits first (but not baking them yet), getting the gravy started, and then baking the biscuits while the gravy is thickening up. That way you can stir the gravy frequently which is hard to do when your hands are covered with flour and dough. Test that the pan is hot by adding a few drops of water. You can have Biscuits and Sausage Gravy using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- It’s 16 oz of Bob Evans Savory Sage Ground Sausage.
- You need 1 can of Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
If excess oil, drain while keeping a solid tablespoon of the sausage oil in the pan. Add the butter and stir well until melted. Sprinkle sausage with flour, stir, and allow to cook for several minutes until the flour can absorb some of the fat and get golden brown. Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Bake 6-8 biscuits on parchment paper on large baking sheet for 13-15 minutes..
- Brown sausage in pan on medium heat..
- Add flour and stir..
- Gradually add milk 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly..
- Add pepper and salt. Cook and stir until thick..
- Slice biscuits in half, pouring gravy between top & bottom layers, and on top of biscuits..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- TIP: Add 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper for a spicier version..
Add the butter to the pan and stir it around until melted. Pour the milk into the sausage and flour mixture slowly, whisking constantly until smooth. Biscuits: Combine and sift dry ingredients. Add buttermilk and knead on a floured board. Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South.