AMIEs Rolled Beef with Eggplant Involtini. Place the beef flat on a cutting board. Scatter the nuts, thyme leaves and percorino cheese on the beef. Season with garlic, salt and pepper.
Dash each beef rolls with bread crumbs. In a large frying pan, heat oil and add garlic, saute until. Italian Beef Roll Ups or also known as Involtini are a quick and easy main dish recipe that looks fancy enough for a special get together or a delicious family dinner idea. You can cook AMIEs Rolled Beef with Eggplant Involtini using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Rolled Beef with Eggplant Involtini
- You need 1 large of eggplant about 500 grams.
- Prepare 350 grams of thinly sliced beef tenderloin.
- You need 150 grams of mozzarella, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 of tomato, cut in cubes.
- Prepare 50 grams of grated pecorino cheese.
- You need 50 grams of pine nuts, lightly toasted & finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of thyme and basil leaves.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Involtini / Italian Beef Roll Ups This is one of those Italian Main Dishes or Secondo Piatto that is not only easy andContinue Reading Place the eggplant rolls in the baking dish on top of the tomato sauce. Pour heavy cream over top of the eggplant rolls to moisten. Season beef with salt and pepper. Roll up the beef slices to enclose the filling, tucking in the ends.
AMIEs Rolled Beef with Eggplant Involtini step by step
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into thin 1/4 inch slices. You should have 12 slices. Brush both sides of slices with oil. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat and fry the eggplant slices for 1 minute on each side. Repeat with the remaining eggplant..
- Once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, scatter the tomatoes with basil leaves over the eggplant slices. Season with parmesan, salt and pepper. Add the mozzarella and roll the eggplant around, ending with the seam side underneath. Set aside..
- Place the beef flat on a cutting board. Scatter the nuts, thyme leaves and percorino cheese on the beef. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Wrap the beef by rolling over and closing with a toothpick. Repeat the process using the remaining beef. Dash each beef rolls with bread crumbs. In a large frying pan, heat oil and add garlic, saute until softened. Put the beef wraps and gently saute for 2 minutes. It should be partially cooked..
- Arrange the eggplant wraps and beef rolls, seam side down, in a baking dish with baking paper. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Bake in the preheated oven (200ºC) for 8-10 minutes..
- Transfer rolls in a serving plate. Serve with tomatoe cubes, thyme and basil leaves. Serve hot..
Eggplant is prepared in a variety of ways in southern Italy, especially in Sicily, where it turns up in pasta sauces, layered with tomatoes and cheese, and in this simple antipasto of involtini (stuffed rolls), which can also be served as a meatless main course in larger portions. Roll up the beef to make a roulade. Repeat until the beef and stuffing has all been used and truss each beef roulade with butcher's twine or a toothpick. The involtini should fit snugly in the dish. Spoon the remaining tomato sauce on top of the involtini and top with the remaining cheese.