Kabocha Squash Tart with an Easy Tart Crust. Great recipe for Kabocha Squash Tart with an Easy Tart Crust. When I making another tart using the same quick crust recipe, I wanted to make kabocha squash tart too. I tried making one using the same crust, and it turned out quite well.
So, I've finally managed to put this together after a few attempts. This is an improved recipe of this: . You can also use readymade tart crusts. You can have Kabocha Squash Tart with an Easy Tart Crust using 6 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Tart with an Easy Tart Crust
- It’s 400 grams of Kabocha squash.
- You need 70 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 150 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 120 grams of Plain biscuits.
- You need 80 grams of Butter.
The filling is really easy to make, so please give it a try.. When I making another tart using the same quick crust recipe, I wanted to make kabocha squash tart too. I tried making one using the same crust, and it turned out quite well. I recommend using the kind of kabocha squash that gets.
Kabocha Squash Tart with an Easy Tart Crust step by step
- I used plain biscuits (cookies) bought at a 100 yen store. An individual bag contains 120g of biscuits. If you use a food processor, you can crush the biscuits really easily into a fine powder. ♪.
- Make about a 1cm cut in the top of the bag and squeeze out any air. Close up the cut with tape and crush the biscuits with a rolling pin until it's turned into a fine powder..
- Microwave the butter for 20 to 30 seconds to melt. (Please adjust the time depending on your microwave.).
- Open up the bag of crushed biscuits and pour into the butter. Mix thoroughly..
- Line the sides of a removable-bottom tart pan with parchment paper. Press in the crushed biscuit mixture from Step 4. (There's no need to line the bottom.).
- Smooth out the crust. Using a spoon or a rubber spatula, press it down firmly..
- Peel the kabocha squash and remove the seeds. Weigh about 400g and chop into bits about 1cm in thickness. It will become tender faster if it's cut even thinner..
- Microwave or simmer the kabocha squash until tender..
- Drain off the water in a colander or sieve..
- Transfer into a bowl and mash with a spatula. (If you have a masher, use that.).
- Add sugar and mix together..
- Now add the egg and mix in..
- Add the unwhipped heavy cream, and mix well..
- Pour the mixture into crust-lined pan from step 6..
- Bake in a preheated 170℃ oven for 45 to 50 minutes. When done, set aside to cool down without removing the pan. Then chill in the refrigerator, in the pan..
- Please adjust the baking time and temperature to your oven. Make sure it's cooled down well before slicing..
Process: Add flour, sugar and salt into food processor and quickly pulse, then add the butter and continue to quickly pulse until large. Slice the cooked Kabocha squash into thin slices (the skin is tender so I kept it on). Grease the tart dish with butter and place the puff pastry into the dish and press firmly into the frame while folding in the edges. Place the sliced Kabocha squash onto the puff pastry and distribute evenly. Kabocha squash pie is incredibly better than any other kind of pumpkin pie, because the kabocha pumpkin is naturally denser and sweeter than even a sugar pie pumpkin.