Brookies (brownie cookie). Mix cocoa powder into butter mixture until well-combined. Pour brownie batter over cookie dough and spread to cover completely. Brookies are bars made from marbled layers of fudgy brownie batter and cakey chocolate chip cookie dough.
Brookies Cookies are a deliciously fun mashup of two of our favorite desserts: brownies and chocolate chip cookies! Soft and chewy with plenty of chocolate chips, these are always a hit with the family! When you just can't decide between making chocolate chip cookies or brownies, the obvious answer is to make both, right? You can have Brookies (brownie cookie) using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brookies (brownie cookie)
- Prepare 1 packages of of store bought brownie mix (or homemade).
- It’s 1 packages of of premade store bought chocolate chip cookie dough (or use my/ your own recipe for chocolate chip cookies, leftover batter?!).
- You need 1 of vegatable oil (per store bought mix instr).
- You need 3 of eggs (per store bought mix instr).
To make the recipe, you start off with a simple brownie batter and place the batter in mini muffin cups. Then you make the cookie dough and carefully spread on top of the brownie. However, I will warn you, you have to make sure the brownie batter is cooked all the way through. A brookie is typically a cookie and brownie put together.
Brookies (brownie cookie) step by step
- Pre heat oven to 325, prepare muffin tin with cups..
- Make both cookie/brownie mix how instructed in seperate bowls..
- Spoon out cookie dough into cups, press dough to bottom and form a flat layer, approx 1/2 inch from bottom of cup. You can eyeball amount, like a normal sheet cookie just pressed flat in cup..
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of brownie mix over the top of cookie dough.Only fill cups 1/4-1/2 in from the top, they'll rise..
- Bake at 325 for approximately 20 min, depending on size cook time could vary. Check often with a toothpick if dough from cookie or brownie is on toothpick cook longer.
- Let cool. Cookies are very rich, I cut into manageable pieces. You can freeze these..
It can either take more of a round cookie shape or a bar brownie shape. However, we took it one step further! A brookie is a brownie with spoonfuls of cookie dough baked inside! When I first discovered brookies, my family's life was changed. Okay, maybe that's a tiny bit dramatic, but seriously these are so darn good.