Spanish Rice (My moms recipe). In a pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped peppers, diced onions, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne. Immediately, and in a separate pot, prepare your rice according to the package.
Get one of our Mom's spanish rice recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. In a medium pan, heat canola oil. Pour in water and tomato sauce and stir to combine. You can have Spanish Rice (My moms recipe) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish Rice (My moms recipe)
- It’s 2 lb of hamburg.
- Prepare 1 of butter, I use roughly 2 large soup spoons. enough to melt in pan to satue rice and onion.
- You need 2 cup of uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 56 oz of crushed tomatoes (2-28 oz cans).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to your liking.
Add garlic, salt and stir once again. This is my mom's Spanish rice recipe! Stir constantly to brown the rice evenly. Add the diced tomato and cook slightly.
Spanish Rice (My moms recipe) instructions
- Brown hamburger, drain grease..
- Saute onion and rice in butter over Meduim heat. Be careful not to burn rice..
- Add hamburger to rice and onion.
- Add crushed tomatoes. I also fill each 28 oz empty can with water and add. This will cook your rice..
- Bring to slow simmer, stir often so rice does not stick. I usually cook it for a hour. You may need to add additional water while cooking..
- Salt and pepper to your liking..
Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. Brown the ground beef in a stock pot until most of the pink is gone. Stir in the spices and add the rice. Add in the chili powder and toast for another minute or so. The grains of rice will start to appear a brighter white color and some may be a bit browned as well.