Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits. Add additional milk as needed if a thinner gravy is desired. Just add the pepper flakes to the sausage when browning. I grew up on biscuits and gravy.
Classic Southern sausage gravy is traditionally served over split. I grew up on biscuits and gravy. My mother discovered the miracle of Kentucky Kernel flour many years ago and I have been making my sausage gravy the same way ever since. You can have Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits
- Prepare of Equipment Needed.
- You need 1 of 2-quart Pyrex measuring cup or other microwave safe bowl.
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1 lb of Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage (or my Jimmy Dean copy cat).
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Kentucky Kernel seasoned flour (do not substitute with regular flour).
- It’s 2 cup of whole milk, warmed.
- Prepare of additional milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (only use if not using a spicy breakfast sausage)*.
It wasn't until later that I learned that the. They already are get used to to take advantage of internet on smartphone to find information to be used example. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
Mom's Southern Sausage Gravy for 4everatwin's 7-Up Biscuits step by step
- If you would like to make your own hot breakfast sausage, try my Jimmy Dean copy-cat recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344691-homemade-jimmy-dean-hot-sausage.
- Make up a batch of 4everatwin's 7-Up biscuits. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/337872-7-up-biscuits.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the breakfast sausage until you don't see any pink. Remove from heat. Remove any excess grease and set aside..
- Add the butter to the Pyrex measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 minute to melt the butter..
- Remove from microwave. Stir in the Kentucky Kernel flour to make a roux..
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. The roux may foam up a bit. Don't worry, you can stir it back down..
- Slowly add the milk to the roux while whisking, incorporating it well..
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from micro and give it a stir..
- Microwave on high 2 more times at 1 minute increments, stirring in between. You will notice the gravy thickening after the first 1 minute..
- You will know when your gravy is done because a circular plume will develop in the gravy. (See photo below) If you do not see the plume, microwave in 30 second intervals until you do. Add additional milk as needed if a thinner gravy is desired..
- Stir in the sausage and ladle some of that southern love all over those wonderful 7-Up biscuits..
- * only use the red pepper flakes if you are using a standard sage breakfast sausage instead of spicy. Just add the pepper flakes to the sausage when browning..
Mix bacon drippings into the sausage drippings. Reduce heat to medium, combine with flour, and stir constantly until mixture just turns golden brown. These Southern Biscuits and Sausage Gravy are one of my favorite savory breakfasts. The biscuits are simple, flaky and do not require rising. The sausage gravy is a southern classic with a little extra spice to make it unique and give it a kick.