Milk Gravy w/biscuits. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Milk Gravy w/biscuits renee. Made this for my Jason for breakfast this morning with a side of spam and homemade biscuits this time. Add the warm milk slowly and bring to a boil.
Plus, learn to make milk gravy. Bring gravy to a simmer and whisk constantly until thick, smooth, and bubbling. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, thyme and pepper. You can have Milk Gravy w/biscuits using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Milk Gravy w/biscuits
- You need 3 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of semi crispy, cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 6 of to 8 biscuits of your choice..
Gradually whisk in milk and cream until smooth. Pour the mixture into skillet or saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and. See more ideas about food, cooking recipes, yummy food.
Milk Gravy w/biscuits instructions
- heat bacon grease in a large skillet until hot..
- add flour to the bacon grease and whisk together. keep heating until the flour is nice and browned..
- pour in 2 cups of the milk while whisking vigorously. continue to whisk until all lumps are gone..
- once its starring to bubble add rest of milk and continue to whisk to make sure it doesn't lump up..
- continue to cook and whisk until just before your desired thickness. but remember it does thicken as it cools. salt and pepper to taste once it starts to thicken a bit. you can do a finger test.. dab pinky finger into gravy and taste. add more salt and pepper if needed..
- remove from heat. place 2 biscuits on a plate..
- pour milk gravy over biscuits.. amount depends on what you like.. but I completely cover mine..
- sprinkle crumbled bacon all over the top..
- serve hot. great served with my bacon and jelly toasty and my bacon fried eggs! or serve alone..
Add butter to skillet and heat until it is melted. Add the flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until incorporated. Bring to a boil, continuing to stir until the mixture thickens. Whisk ½ cup milk into the roux until thoroughly blended. Continue whisking milk into the gravy, ½ cup at a time, whisking in each amount of milk completely before adding more.