Biscuits & gravy. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Put a crunch in your bake!
Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, or adapt it to include nuts, fruit or. Biscuits are flour-based snacks that are generally crisp and crumbly in texture, due to the fact that they are baked twice – the name 'biscuit' means 'twice cooked' in French. A biscuit is a flour-based baked food product. You can cook Biscuits & gravy using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Biscuits & gravy
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ground sausage (I use a blue berry sausage from my local butcher).
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 dash of Tabasco.
- It’s 1 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 packages of store bought or home made biscuits (English muffins if biscuits are unavailable).
In most countries—particularly in the Commonwealth and Ireland—biscuits are typically hard, flat and unleavened. They are usually sweet and may be made with sugar, chocolate, icing, jam, ginger or cinnamon. They can also be savoury and similar to crackers. Types of biscuit include sandwich biscuits, digestive biscuits, ginger biscuits.
Biscuits & gravy step by step
- In a cast iron skillet heat over medium high heat add in sausage and brown evenly..
- Add in flour and butter and to pan and create a roux making sure to scrape up bits of sausage stuck to bottom of pan..
- Add in cream, tobasco, and worcestershire sauce and reduce heat to low and simmer until gravy thickens.
- While gravy is simmering heat up biscuits or muffins in oven or toaster..
- Spoon gravy over biscuits and chow down.
Find loads of biscuit and cookie recipes to fill up your biscuit barrel with buttery shortbread biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, gingernuts, flapjacks, coconut macaroons and much more. Cut, by hand or with cookie cutters, to your desired shape. Using a palette knife, transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits. Lift off the baking tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.