"Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef stock and passata, then add the onion, green pepper, garlic, tomato puree, cumin, coriander, olive oil and vinegar.
Stir together and reduce heat to medium. Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar. You can cook "Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe
- Prepare 2 lb of beef flank steak (pre-cooked in the stew or soup).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green belt pepper, seeded and slice into strips.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of bay leave.
- Prepare 1 cup of white dry wine.
In Spanish, 'Ropa vieja' literally means "old clothes". The name describes the shreds of meat and vegetables which resemble colorful strips of rags. For our ropa vieja recipe we're also adding an array of other classic Cuban and Spanish ingredients such as olives, pimientos and capers. In addition to the red bell pepper that's caramelized with the onions, we're also going to add roasted red bell pepper in the end for added smokiness, sweetness and flavor.
"Ropa vieja" Cuban recipe instructions
- Separate the meat into thin shreads or strands.
- Crush the garlic cloves and saute in the hot oil with the onion..
- add the green pepper and saute a little bit together..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it cooked in slow temperature, stirring ocasionally. for about 15 or 20 minutes..
- To serve with white rice and a good fresh salad..
The authentic ropa vieja recipe to the Cuban style, it is a simple and a very nice dish, although the majority of the time use to prepare this delicious dish, is in the process of flaking the meat. We assure you that it is worth to wait because the result is delicious, so now let's see how to prepare the Cuban ropa vieja. These utensils will be very useful to prepare this and other recipes. This recipe for Cuban beef stew is known as ropa vieja which means "old clothes" in Spanish. The name describes the shreds of meat and vegetables in the dish which resemble colorful strips of rags.