Sweet And Sour Chicken Pie. Add the sugar, vinegar and ketchup to a jug and mix well, add the soy sauce and tinned pineapples (including the juice) and stir to combine. Add a splash of olive oil to a large wok and brown the chicken. ASIAN FUSION DISH Make the pastry: Mix the flour and butter together into a crumbly mixture.
Roll the first out on a clean, floured surface using a well floured rolling pin and line the pie dish. Coat the chicken in the cornflour and add to the pan. Stir-fry for four minutes until very lightly coloured on all sides. You can have Sweet And Sour Chicken Pie using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet And Sour Chicken Pie
- Prepare of CHICKEN FILLING.
- You need 1 cup of dice chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of dice carrot.
- You need 1 cup of dice green bean.
- It’s 1 cup of dice pineapple.
- You need of SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE.
- It’s 3 tbsp of heinz tomato sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of heinz chili sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red wine vineger or any vineger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need of LG EASY BISCUIT DOUGH.
- Prepare 2 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of cold butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 slice of chedder cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried Italian herbs.
- Prepare of BASTING.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
Add the pineapple and sweet and sour sauce to the pan with the chicken and. And of course we're doing this sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style – which means the chicken is chopped into bite-sized pieces, dredged in a flavourful coating then fried to crisp perfection, before being coated in that sweet and sour sauce. Here's a quick rundown of the recipe. You can get the detailed steps and quantities in the recipe.
Sweet And Sour Chicken Pie instructions
- BASIC BISCUIT DOUGH.
- mix flour with cold butter till crumble like then spoon by spoon add milk till turn to soft dough.
- knead for 5 minute then add chedder cheese and italian herbs and mix in then set aside.
- SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN FILLING.
- in pan with oil saute chicken with green bean and carrot for 3 minute then add sweet and sour sauce.
- let it simmer for 3 minute till sauce almost dry then off heat and use a sieve to drain extra sauce and set aside.
- WRAP UP CHICKEN PIE.
- divide dough into 4 equal portion then roll into a ball.
- on flour table roll out flat into a round disk about the size of hand.
- put 2 tbsp of sweet and sour chicken fulling and wrap it up by pressing firmly on the top tip.
- baste top with egg white and bake it at 180 C for 20 to 25 minute cover top with foil if top brown too quickly.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Serve it in rice bowls for a quick weeknight dinner. Firm outwardly and delicate inside, this Chinese chicken formula is an unsurpassed top pick. The tacky prepared sauce makes Hairy Bikers' creamy chicken, ham and leek pie by The Hairy Bikers. Mince and dumplings by The Hairy Bikers.