Lemon Meringue Pie. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Looking For Lemon Mirangue Pie? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Mix the cornflour, golden caster sugar and lemon zest in a medium saucepan.
Add the lemon cornflour mixture to the hot water and stir over the heat until the mixture has thickened, then remove from the heat. Transfer the meringue into a piping bag (with a plain nozzle) and pipe the meringue on top of the lemon curd. Bring the lemon filling back to the boil and stir until thickened, then pour it into the pastry case and level the surface. You can cook Lemon Meringue Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Meringue Pie
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 TBS of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 TBS of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 2 of lemons, juiced and zested.
- It’s 2 TBS of butter.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of (9-in) pie crust, baked.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- It’s 6 TBS of white sugar.
Spoon on the meringue, starting at the edge and working it into the middle. Use a palette knife to make a smooth join with the pastry edge, then swirl the top. A modern twist on the well-loved lemon meringue pie, this recipe uses lime and orange as well as lemon in the creamy filling for an exciting citrus flavour. Add enough of the water to mix the cornflour to a smooth paste, then pour the rest of the water, along with the grated lemon zest, into a small saucepan.
Lemon Meringue Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make lemon filling: in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil..
- Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 of the hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, pour mixture into baked pie shell..
- Make Meringue: in a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add 6 TBS sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown. Allow to cool. Store covered in refrigerator..
Either by hand or using a food mixer with a beater attachment, cream the butter, icing sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and lemon zest together. Add the milk and combine well. Tip in the flour and a pinch of salt, then rub or beat to form a dough. Comforting, zesty and light, lemon meringue pie is the ultimate dessert. A sweet pastry case and thick lemon curd centre, topped with peaks of billowy meringue, the perfect pie is all about getting the right combination of textures, and tart and sweet flavours.