Lemon meringue pie #america. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Great Brands On eBay. Measure the flour and butter into a food processor and blend together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Transfer the meringue into a piping bag (with a plain nozzle) and pipe the meringue on top of the lemon curd. A modern twist on the well-loved lemon meringue pie, this recipe uses lime and orange as well as lemon in the creamy filling for an exciting citrus flavour. You can cook Lemon meringue pie #america using 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon meringue pie #america
- You need 2 of – deep dish pie shells.
- It’s 1 of – cans of lemon pie filling; [I use Musselman's.
- It’s 4 of – egg whites; (room temperature); beaten.
- Prepare 6 of – Tbsp. Sugar.
Instead of shortcrust pastry, the case is made with crushed biscuit crumbs held together with egg white, rather than melted butter, to reduce the fat content. This classic lemon meringue pie will never fail to impress your guests. With crisp pastry, tart lemon curd and towering fluffy meringue, this is the ultimate dinner party dessert. Either by hand or using a food mixer with a beater attachment, cream the butter, icing sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and lemon zest together.
Lemon meringue pie #america instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thaw out frozen pie shell; about 20 minutes..
- Prick pie shell with a fork several times on bottom & sides..
- Remove and completely cool down.
- Once completely cooled down; add 1 can of lemon pie filling to pie shell..
- Set aside;.
- In a mixing bowl; add egg whites, sugar and beat until soft peaks form..
- Spread meringue over lemon pie filling sealing it to the edge of the crust..
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Bake pie shell for 11 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool down..
- Serve & Enjoy!.
- Happy holidays….
Add the milk and combine well. Tip in the flour and a pinch of salt, then rub or beat to form a dough. Comforting, zesty and light, lemon meringue pie is the ultimate dessert. A sweet pastry case and thick lemon curd centre, topped with peaks of billowy meringue, the perfect pie is all about getting the right combination of textures, and tart and sweet flavours. Finally, for the meringue, use a large, spanking clean, grease-fee bowl and in it whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.