Chicken noodle soup. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Send Our Homemade Soups, rolls, and cookies in beautiful gift packaging! In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
Nothing is as remotely comforting as a warm bowl of this classic. Tender chicken in a lemony broth with orzo pasta, carrots, onions, celery, and baby spinach. Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can have Chicken noodle soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken noodle soup
- It’s 4 lbs of chicken breast.
- You need 2 of pd egg noodles.
- It’s 1/2 stick of salted butter.
- It’s 2 of onion.
- You need 4 stalks of celery with leafy ends.
- Prepare 4 of large carrots.
- You need 3 of zucchini.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 tbs of chicken bouillon base.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dill weed.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Brimming with chicken, vegetables and egg noodles, and seasoned with fresh parsley, pepper, bay leaf and chopped garlic, this chicken noodle soup is comfort food made simple. Remove chicken and let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces, discarding bones.
Chicken noodle soup step by step
- Add chicken breast to pot, cover with water. Add 1 tbsp of your chicken bouillon, 1 tsp of the onion and garlic powder. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Do not over cook chicken at this point or it will not be tender in the finished product. You just want to boil until all the blood is cooked out of your meat and breast is white throughout. Remove breast and set aside, covered. Reserve water and return pot to burner..
- Add butter to pot on medium high heat and stir until butter is browned. Add onions, zucchini, carrots, celery and garlic. You do not need to brown your vegetables, just cook until onions are translucent and flavors are brought out..
- Pour reserved broth into pot with vegetables and add water until it reaches about 9 quarts. Add remaining seasonings and bring to rolling boil, lower heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes (or until vegetables are tender) with lid on your pot..
- Shred and add reserved chicken breast along with egg noodles to pot and cook for 8 minutes or until noodles are cooked through..
- I serve mine with freshly baked olive oil bread..
Literally the BEST Chicken Noodle Soup has thick chicken chunks, sliced carrots and celery, wide noodles soaking in a smooth chicken broth filled with flavorful seasonings and cooked to perfection. A warm and comforting soup this winter! Course Dinner, Main Course, Side Dish, Soup For the easiest chicken noodle soup, if you have a rotisserie or leftover chicken, instead of adding chicken thighs to the pot, add two to three cups of shredded or diced cooked chicken to the soup at the same time as adding the dried noodles. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken, reduce to a simmer, and cover.