Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese. There are few dishes more comforting and indulgent than mac and cheese, and this Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon will become your new go-to. Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build a creamy, melty pasta bake. Master each element of the dish with this winning recipe.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Gently swirl a spoon or butterknife thru the mac and cheese mixture to ensure the mozzarella cheese is evenly combined throughout the dish. Sprinkle the top with the bacon and breadcrumbs. You can have Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked (al dente) penne pasta.
- Prepare 2 of 9 oz pouches Pregresso Recipe Starters 3 cheese cooking sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (or just use 3/4 cup if you dont have cream).
- You need 4 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 8 slice of american cheese.
- It’s 8 slice of cooked and crumbled crispy bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 dash of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of italian panko bread crumbs with cheese (or just mix plain panko with italian bread crumbs).
Toss together the Cheddar, mozzarella and Gouda in a large bowl. Add the cheeses to the pot and stir to evenly combine. Place chopped bacon in the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese step by step
- preheat oven to 400, spray 3 quart casserole with cooking spray..
- in a 3 quart saucepan, heat cheese sauce, milk, and cream to boiling. stir. remove from heat and stir in mustard, american cheese, 2 cups cheddar, and pepper. stir until cheeses are melted. add pasta and half the bacon, mix well..
- spoon pasta mix into casserole, top with remaining cheddar. bake uncovered about 15 minutes and cheese is bubbly..
- sprinkle with bread crumbs and cook an additional 5 minutes. enjoy! **note: measurements for cheddar and bacon are suggestions based on what i use, feel free to add more if you prefer! :-P.
Pour the mac and cheese from the large pot into the baking dish. Top with the remaining jack, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on the remaining bacon crumbles. Bake the bacon mac and cheese. This bacon three-cheese macaroni and cheese is made for the grown-up in mind (though kids will love it too). The topping: buttery sourdough croutons, crispy bacon, and garlicky onions cooked in a.