Banana nut bread. Great Tasting Bread Recipes for All to Enjoy. Baking Bread with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious. Looking for a banana bread recipe that has a little crunch?
Banana and Nut Bread This banana nut bread smells heavenly in the oven and comes out moist and chock-full of flavor and crunchy nuts. Banana and Nut Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. You can have Banana nut bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana nut bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 21/2 cups of flour sifted.
- You need 1 cup of chopped nuts.
- Prepare 3 of large bananas put through a sieve about a 11/2 cups.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons of soda.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Beat butter and sugar until blended.
Banana nut bread step by step
- Cream the shortening slowly add the sugar and beat well.
- Add the eggs one at a time beat thoroughly.
- Add the bananas and nuts.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk.
- Pour into large loaf pan or 2 small ones.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Stir in banana and sour cream. The best banana nut bread I've ever had. This has been my go-to banana bread recipe for years. I have used both sour cream and greek yogurt and it is flawless every sngle time. Today I used chopped pecans, it is smelling heavenly..