Sesame ball with salted egg custard. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Flatten each dough ball, add custard filling onto the center, then wrap up until the filling is tightly sealed.
Transfer it into the bowl of sesame seeds to coat. How to make sesame ball with salted egg custard filling. If you like this video, please subscribe to our channel and click on the 🔔 bell to get notificati. You can have Sesame ball with salted egg custard using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sesame ball with salted egg custard
- Prepare of Dough.
- It’s 120 g (1 cup) of glutinous rice flour / sweet rice flour.
- Prepare 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 90 ml (6 tbsp) of hot water, adjust the amount accordingly.
- Prepare 5 ml (1 tsp) of vegetable oil.
- It’s of water for dipping.
- Prepare of white sesame seeds for coating.
- It’s of vegetable oil for deep-frying.
- It’s of Custard filling.
- You need 2 of salted duck egg yolks.
- Prepare 50 g (3 1/2 tbsp) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 50 g (1/2 cup) of icing sugar.
- Prepare 20 g (2 1/2 tbsp) of milk powder.
- Prepare 20 g (2 1/2 tbsp) of custard powder.
Salted Egg Sesame Ball. spoonfulpassion.com Beata. loading. Sweet, golden pillows of dough, coated in a layer of white sesame seeds. Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside flowing with rich golden salted egg yolk. Perfect as a snack on its own or as a dessert served with ice cream.
Sesame ball with salted egg custard step by step
- Make filling: Steam the egg yolks for 10 minutes, then mash them into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, beat the butter until softened. Add the yolks and the remaining ingredients. Mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate to firm for about 45 minutes..
- Divide the filling into 16 equal portions (about 11g each). Roll each into a smooth round ball. Keep them in the fridge until needed..
- To make dough: In a medium bowl, make a well on the center of flour. Add sugar into the center. Then pour half of the hot water onto the sugar to melt it..
- Stir everything until combined. Then gradually add more hot water as you mix, until the dough is smooth and not too dry or too sticky. If you overpour water and the dough becomes sticky, add a little more flour to fix the consistency..
- Knead the oil into the dough until well combined. Cover and let it sit for 10 to 30 minutes..
- Divide the rested dough into 16 balls. Cover the dough whenever possible so it does not dry out..
- Flatten each dough ball, add custard filling onto the center, then wrap up until the filling is tightly sealed. Roll in between your palms to make a smooth ball..
- Dip the ball into a bowl of water for one second. Transfer it into the bowl of sesame seeds to coat. Gently press to secure the seeds..
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a deep pot to 350°F or 180°C. Test fry with 1 sesame ball to determine the correct cooking time. The filling can spill out when overcooked so stand-by. Rotate the ball frequently to get an even-cook. It will brown slightly once done (mine took less than 8 minutes). Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to catch any dripping oil. Continue frying the rest. Then serve while still warm..
In a medium bowl, cream the butter until softened. Add the yolks and the remaining ingredients. The salted egg yolk custard oozed out of the croissant on the first cut, but remained thick enough to coat the pastry for a flavourful bite. It has a good balance of salty and sweet flavour so you don't feel overwhelmed. Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside flowing with rich golden salted egg yolk.