Easy Microwave White Sauce. DIRECTIONS Combine melted butter, flour and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add milk and stir until smooth. Voila – that's your basic microwave white sauce done.
In France, this white sauce recipe is one of the five basic sauces called "meres" or "mother sauces," the basis of all other sauces. White sauce for fish and white sauce for chicken are classic preparations, but you also can find all sorts of creative ways to make this basic white sauce a regular part of special occasion meals, or as a brilliant way to bring new life to ho-hum leftovers. Beat egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. You can cook Easy Microwave White Sauce using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Microwave White Sauce
- Prepare 30 grams of Flour.
- You need 30 grams of Butter.
- You need 250 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Consommé soup stock granules.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of White sauce recipe.
Slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture while whisking to incorporate. Discover our Easy microwave white sauce recipe. Get step-by-step instructions, ingredients and helpful hints to make the perfect Easy microwave white sauce. Add the flour and use a fork to mix the butter and flour until they're smooth.
Easy Microwave White Sauce instructions
- Place the butter and the flour in a heat-resistant container. Microwave for 1 minute (it's fine if the butter melts). Use a whisk to mix..
- Gradually add the milk as you stir it in. Lastly, add the consommé granules and mix..
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Remove at 1 minute intervals to stir (if you're worried about it at the end, take it out every 30 seconds)..
- Season with salt and pepper to finish..
Slowly add the milk, mixing it through with the fork so it stays smooth. I was wondering if there was a way to easily make white sauce, so I tested various recipes. This is the trick in preventing lumps! Great recipe for Easy White Sauce in the Microwave. If you carefully mix it as you go, it will become smooth!