Lemon Blueberry Muffins. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest. Stir to distribute them as evenly as possible in the batter of your lemon blueberry muffins.
Making the Muffins in Three Easy Steps Rub lemon zest into the sugar until the sugar takes on a lemon aroma. Whisk dry ingredients together in one bowl, and then whisk the wet ingredients in another. Fold in the blueberries, divide the batter between muffin cups and. You can cook Lemon Blueberry Muffins using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon zest.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of blueberries.
Whisk egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a delicious way to start the day. Bursting with flavor, the addition of lemon takes blueberry muffins to a whole other level. Sweet, with just the right amount of tangy, this is a recipe you'll make time and time again.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins instructions
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, set aside.
- In bowl combine sugar and lemon zest, rub with fingers until completely mixed.
- In bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla essence, lemon juice and milk. Beat until slightly mixed.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined..
- Add 1 tbsp flour to bowl with blueberries and toss. This helps berries not to sink in the bottom.
- Gently fold the blue berries into the batter, pour in muffin tin. Bake at 180°c for 25-30 minutes.
In a bowl, mix sugar, egg, yogurt, oil, milk, vanilla and lemon zest. In another bowl, blend together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Add the sugar and lemon zest to a large mixing bowl. Use your fingers to rub the zest into the sugar.