Banana nut bread. Great Tasting Bread Recipes for All to Enjoy. Baking Bread with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious. Looking for a banana bread recipe that has a little crunch?
Banana and Nut Bread This banana nut bread smells heavenly in the oven and comes out moist and chock-full of flavor and crunchy nuts. Banana and Nut Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. You can have Banana nut bread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana nut bread
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 cups of nuts walnuts finely chopped.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Beat butter and sugar until blended.
Banana nut bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 300 and bake bread for 90 minutes. Lightly grease and flour two 8 x 4 bread pans.*Side note: I have changed the sugar amount from the recipe. It called for 3 cups. I thought it was too sweet. So I changed it to 2 cups. Also I have changed the sugar up by adding one cup regular sugar and one brown cup before. It tastes good that way too. Make the bread however you decide to..
- In large bowl cream together butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in the mashed bananas and sour cream..
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and walnuts. You can pick a different nut or dont use them or add chocolate chips..
- Bake for 90 minutes until a tooth can be inserted and comes out clean..
- Remove from pan and let cool on a cooling rack. Eat at room temp, still a little hot or cold. The banana flavor tastes stronger the next day or two..
Stir in banana and sour cream. The best banana nut bread I've ever had. This has been my go-to banana bread recipe for years. I have used both sour cream and greek yogurt and it is flawless every sngle time. Today I used chopped pecans, it is smelling heavenly..