Mexican rice. Looking for Mexican rice (arroz) recipes? Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire. These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice.
Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? This easy Mexican Rice from Delish.com is a vegetable-loaded delight. Make it as a side with tacos or fajitas, or make it a main and top it with chicken and a fried egg! You can have Mexican rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican rice
- It’s 4 bowls of Leftover rice.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped capsicum.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato.
- It’s 2 of chopped green chillies.
- It’s 1 of and half bowl boiled corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 of finely diced potato.
- Prepare As per taste of Chilli fakes, seasoning, Salt.
- It’s 1 spoon of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- It’s for of Garnish:.
- It’s 1 of Ringed onion.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Be careful that the oil doesn't get too hot too fast or the oil will splatter. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear.
Mexican rice step by step
- Heat the oil in pan at medium flame. Add potato amd cook for 2 minutes then add capsicum and green chilli, after 2 minutes again add tomato and stir for few minutes..
- Add corn kernels amd lemon juice after 1 minute add leftover rice..
- Add chilli flakes, seasoning and salt as per your taste..
- Stir for 5 minutes and then add one tablespoon ghee and mix it well to give shiny texture to your dish.
- Enjoy tasty, juicy and little spicy Mexican rice with ringed onion..
Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. Mexican rice is the anchor of many excellent Mexican spreads, and having recently posted our recipe for Chiles Rellenos, I'm back with the perfect Mexican rice to go alongside. I'm a big believer in the accoutrements that come with food—the sides, the sauces, the extras, the add-ons, the toppings—the trappings that make the dish a MEAL. This is a variation of Mexican Rice.