Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Pour the olive oil in a pot, stir-fry the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add all the vegetables except for the potato and tomato, and continue stir-frying.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, and add the onions, leeks, chopped tomatoes, and garlic. Cook and stir over a low heat for a few minutes until all vegetables are soft. Bouillabaisse is a classic Provençal dish of fish cooked in boiling water and plenty of olive oil until a velvety, emulsified broth forms. You can cook Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse
- It’s of Several kinds of your favorite seafood..
- You need 2 slice of White fish (sea bream, grunt, etc) fillets.
- Prepare 1 of Squid.
- You need 1 of pack Manila clams.
- You need of Vegetables.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- Prepare 10 of cm Celery.
- Prepare 1/5 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Potato.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 large of Tomato (optional).
- It’s of Flavoring ingredients:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 pinch of Saffron.
- Prepare 50 ml of White wine.
- It’s 300 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Consomme soup stock granules.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Aioli-style sauce.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic (grated).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
The cooked fish is served separately from the broth, which is strained over toasted bread. A simple recipe for Julia Child's bouillabaisse, the classic French seafood soup. The delicious soup with a simple rouille is full of shellfish, seafood and fragrant tomatoes and can be made in less than an hour. Cook the onions and leeks slowly in olive oil for five minutes or until almost tender but not browned.
Our Family's Basic Recipe for Bouillabaisse step by step
- Put the saffron in the water, and microwave (to make it fragrant). De-sand the clams..
- Rinse any bloody parts of the fish, and sprinkle with salt. Chop the squid, and rinse the clams well..
- Cut the potato into thin quarter-rounds, chop the tomato, and julienne the other vegetables..
- Pour the olive oil in a pot, stir-fry the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add all the vegetables except for the potato and tomato, and continue stir-frying..
- When the vegetables become soft and tender, and the volume decreases to half, turn up the heat to medium, and add the clams. Pour in the white wine, and evaporate the alcohol..
- When the clams start to open, add the warm water with saffron, consomme, bay leaf, squid, fish which was patted dry, tomato, and potato..
- When it starts to boil, skim off the scum, turn down the heat to low. Simmer for about 5 ~ 8 minutes until the potato and fish are cooked through..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and it's done. Serve with aioli sauce..
- Variation I cooked with saw-edged perch..
- Variation I cooked mainly with blue mussel, without fish..
Stir in the garlic and tomatoes. Raise heat to moderate and cook five minutes more. The traditional seafood stew of Provence, a bouillabaisse is typically made with tomatoes, onions, wine, olive oil, garlic, herbs, fish and shellfish. Soak up the flavorful broth with olive bread or a crusty French baguette. Julia naturally has a recipe for bouillabaisse.