Our Family's Simple Bibimbap. I wanted to make a hassle-free bibimbap. Make sure you use all of the leftover sauce on the meat. Meaning, "mixed rice," bibimbap is comprised of warm rice topped with different seasoned vegetables, sauce like gochujang (korean red pepper paste), and often meat and/or an egg.
Bibimbap (BEE-beem-bop): One of the most popular dishes in Korean cuisine, bibimbap is a nutritious rice dish of steamed rice and pre-cooked vegetables (usually spinach, bean sprouts, carrots. Along with kimchi, bibimbap takes its place among the favored foods in Korean cuisine. Literally meaning 'mixed rice,' it's a popular meal consisting of white rice topped with vegetables, beef, a whole egg, and gochujang (red chili pepper paste). You can have Our Family's Simple Bibimbap using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Our Family's Simple Bibimbap
- Prepare 400 grams of Thinly sliced beef or minced beef.
- It’s of For pre-seasoning the meat:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of heaping teaspoon Gochujang.
- You need 1 of heaping teaspoon Tianmianjiang.
- It’s 2 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- It’s of For the bean sprout namul:.
- Prepare 1 bag of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s of For the spinach, carrot, shimeji mushroom, shio-kombu namul (Recipe ID: 2102589).
- It’s 100 grams of Spinach.
- Prepare 100 grams of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- You need 20 grams of Shio-kombu.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 of Toasted sesame (white).
- It’s 4 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 600 grams of Warm rice.
Heat the skillet over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet and season with salt. Place a sunnyside-up egg on top of the beef in each bowl. You want a healthy and quick easy meal during those busy days?
Our Family's Simple Bibimbap step by step
- Referring to, prepare the spinach, carrot, shimeji mushroom, and shio-kombu namul..
- Boil the bean sprouts and once they have cooled, drain the excess water and add to a bowl of sauce prepared from the remaining bean sprout namul ingredients, to allow the flavors to soak in..
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces, and rub with salt and pepper into the meat..
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients and set aside..
- Put the meat in a frying pan without coating the pan with oil and fry over medium heat..
- Once it's about half cooked, add the sauce and continue frying for about 5 minutes over medium to low heat..
- Once the sauce has become thick, it's ready..
- Serve over rice with an egg yolk and roasted sesame seeds. It's ready to serve! Be sure to add the rest of the sauce from the pan..
- Mix it all together before eating.
Sharing with you my simple and easy Bibimbap recipe that my family loves! Use this recipe to make arguably the best known Korean dish around the world: bibimbap. What makes this meal stand out? Not only is it a Korean classic, but it's also delicious, gorgeous on the plate, and easily tweaked for different palates and spice levels. That means if you're a typical American or Westerner who can't handle foods that are extremely spicy, homemade bibimbap is the dish for.