Chicken Saltimbocca. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove the excess water. Season the spinach with salt and pepper.
Press the prosciutto to help it adhere to the chicken. Remove from the plastic and sprinkle each chicken breast. In shallow dish, mix flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. You can have Chicken Saltimbocca using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Saltimbocca
- Prepare of to 6 chicken breast filets.
- Prepare of fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen then thaw before prep).
- Prepare of to 6 slices of prosciutto (1 for each filet).
- You need of fresh mozzarella (sliced) or grated fresh parmesan cheese.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of several toothpicks.
- It’s of red pasta sauce **see Basic Sauce Recipe**.
- You need of chicken stock.
- You need of juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon.
- Prepare of flour (approx 1/4 cup…optional).
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to coat pan well).
Saltimbocca's name means to "jump in the mouth" with flavor. It is a restaurant dish, but at home on a weeknight, a chicken breast version makes a very tasty facsimile. DIRECTIONS Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spread the flour on a plate and dredge each breast, coating evenly and shaking off the excess.
Chicken Saltimbocca step by step
- Filet chicken breasts or buy it already filetted. Trim fat off and pound flat. Salt and pepper both sides..
- Add spinach then prosciutto then cheese. Roll tightly from bottom to top and toothpick to hold in place..
- Roll each chicken in flour..
- in a deep frying pan heat oil at med-hi. Sear chicken on each side briefly. (1-2 min each side).
- Add sauce, stock, and lemon juice to chicken. Bring to a boil briefly and then lower temperature to simmer and cover for 15-20 min. Turn each chicken over and simmer for another 15-20 min.
- Plate and spoon sauce over chicken. Enjoy!.
- **NOTE** top with extra parm cheese and serve with rice or pasta or alongside grilled asparagus..
A childhood favorite of Cake Boss Buddy Valastro, chicken saltimbocca is his pick for a quick & easy Valentine's Day dinner with big, unforgettable flavor. Finish off this date night meal with his classic Italian frozen dessert, Chocolate Semifreddo. On our show, Buddy's wife, Lisa, tackled the chicken saltimbocca, while Buddy covered dessert. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Chicken saltimbocca is an Italian dish that wraps chicken cutlets with prosciutto slices.